Next Steps for Admitted Students. April is just a busy month for an admission counselor
When deciding which university to attend for the following four years, its so valuable to visit the school you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the spring of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a student for each campus. What would we eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience could possibly be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we have students asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you decide to come to USC, here’s an outline associated with the next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, in the event that you haven’t already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our web site for lots more information about how to apply for school funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you do have a better chance of having the sort of housing you want the sooner you apply. Also if you are not 100% sure you’re arriving at USC year that is next it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to put up your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over the summer. Orientation is a great opportunity to spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you can expect to also sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be in a position to join an Orientation program 5 7 company times once you submit your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your final school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every single score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB more impressive range exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
If you have questions which are not covered in your admission packet or on our web site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are happy to help answr fully your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what precisely does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any private institution in the united states (15% in last 12 months’s freshman course!). We genuinely believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a positive learning environment by permitting for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses themselves are even designed around providing pupils with the chance to interact with students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth into the nation for sending students abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica shmoop online paper writing service (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company are able to fulfill leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a 10-day program (past locations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language abilities by spending a summer coping with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students utilizing the chance to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the weeks that are few students will always be on-campus and investigate a concern that is global in scope. They then travel towards the area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are on offer in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Most recently, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already begun to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its global presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we are truly a global place!